USAC YOUTH REGIONALS
- Ensure your youth has a participant agreement and a supplemental participant agreement on file BEFORE Saturday.
- If you’re not sure, please go to this link.
- If you (as a parent) plan on entering Sportrock, ensure YOU also have both waivers on file.
- All athletes, parents/guardians, and coaches should enter the facility through the main Sportrock entrance, NOT the Sportrock Performance Institute entrance (further up the parking lot).
- Note that while you (as a parent/guardian) may come into Sportrock’s main entrance, you will not be allowed in either isolation or on the competition floor in order to comply with USA Climbing competition procedures as well as Covid-19 procedures.
- BIBs can be picked up either 4-7pm on Friday (6/4), or the day of check-in to isolation.
- Running orders will be available at this website.
- On Saturday, your youth will be in one of two waves:
- 7:30-8:30am – Check-in for FYA/FJR/FYB/FYC/MYC + USAC Certified Coaches. Don’t be late.
- 11:20am-12:20pm – Check-in for MYA/MJR/MYB/FYD/MYD + USAC Certified Coaches. Don’t be late.
- After the final climb, youth will be need to promptly leave the competition venue in order to keep capacity numbers at a manageable level.
- Here is the link to the Region 81 website.
- Regarding the appeals process, any appeals can be made through this online link.
- USA Climbing will explore shortly (and make an announcement) whether there will be video (either recorded or live) available.
SPORTROCK CLIMBING LEAGUE
The Sportrock Climbing League is a recreational team competition series for climbers of all ages and abilities. The vibe will be fun and lighthearted, but competitive! Our first season was an absolute blast and our second season should be even better!
Climbing League Season
The Summer Season will run from July – September
- $125 per team member (teams are a minimum of 4 members).
- +$50 for each additional alternate (maximum of 2 alternates).
There will be three competitions per season, taking place on the last Saturday of July, August, and September at The Sportrock Performance Institute.
Each competition will consist of three problems per category; Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, and Division 4
All boulders will be scored equally so that a beginner can score the same amount of points as an advanced climber!
- Competitions will be in a “flash” format, with 4 minutes on, 4 minutes off per problem. Sportrock will provide judges.
- Each team member will get a score based on division standing and the team’s final score will be composed of all 4 team members’ scores.
Team and Practice Details
Teams must consist of a minimum of 4 team members and a maximum of 6 total members.
- Before each competition teams will designate 4 team members as competitors (lineups can be different for each of the 3 competitions during a season).
- Up to two team members can be designated as alternates
Teams must be co-ed
- Each team can be a mix of all skill levels:
- Divison 1 | V0-V2,
- Divison 2 | V3-5
- Divison 3 | V6-V8
- Divison 4 | V8+
- Teams will get 1 weekly practice session at the SRPI. Please check SRPI open hours here to decide which time will work best for your team. We also highly recommend practicing at our Alexandria and Sterling locations in addition to the one weekly SRPI session.
ARE YOU A STAFF MEMBER READY TO PUT TOGETHER A TEAM? STAFF ARE ABSOLUTELY WELCOME TO JOIN THE LEAGUE. ASK YOUR DIRECTOR ABOUT A STAFF DISCOUNT!
Value for Teams
Four monthly SRPI practices.
One private group coaching session per season.
Winning team members get a championship jersey, trophy, and bragging rights!
A ton of light-hearted, competitive climbing fun!