As we continue to assess the reopening of our facilities, we have been working on ways to offer more to our members and community at large. Continuing to operate our gyms safely has been paramount in our thoughts, and we are truly grateful to have a wonderful community that understands and values the importance of that. We appreciate your patience as our gyms slowly and carefully reimplement various offerings, programs, and classes. Below are all the phases we have rolled out since we have reopened.
Phase 3 of Sportrock Reopening
- We accept Visit Pass Packs, Day Pass purchases as well as members and guests as of 6/26/2020. You must book a time slot to climb. Please continue to try to keep your climbing groups small and limit one parent/guardian per child.
- We are now able to give Top Rope and Lead Certification tests. Learn more about getting belay certified here.We are excited to be able to offer contactless Open Belay/Open Climb on weekends starting July 4th! We are only accepting 4 participants at a time for 1 hour and 30 minutes of unlimited climbing for $30/person at our Alexandria and Sterling locations. Preregistration is required! Helmets and harnesses will be provided but we highly recommend bringing your own helmet. Bike helmets and skater helmets are both great alternatives if you do not own a climbing helmet.
- Outdoor programs are now open for all participants – get outdoors today!
- Alexandria’s workspace is now available for use with a limited capacity of 3 people. Please make sure to physically distance yourself as much as possible while using this space.
- We are increasing our capacity from 50 participants per time slot to 75 participants per time slot.
Phase 2 of Sportrock Reopening
- Members Only Time Slots will be open for registration 7 days in advance.
- Members will be able to pre-register for up to 4 time slots each week (weeks run from Friday to Thursday for these purposes).
- Members are now allowed to extend their climb time on the same day of an existing reservation by booking the following time slot (if space available and after they have completed their initial reservation) without it counting towards their limit of 4 registrations per week.
- If you need to cancel your time slot, please email [email protected]
- Guests with existing visit pass balances will be able to sign up for time slots. New visit pass sales are not available at this time.
- New memberships will be available for purchase.
Phase 1 of Sportrock Reopening
- Members Only – To maximize access and to minimize the number of people in the gym, we will be open to members only during Phase 1 of Sportrock’s reopening plan.
- Signing up for a Time Slot – Controlling the number of people in the gym is crucial to maintaining physical distancing to keep everyone safe. We are offering two, 1 hour and 45 minute time slots per week to all members to make it fair to all of our members.
- Time Slots:
Mon – Fri: 6am-7:45am, 8am-9:45am, 10am-11:45am, 12pm-1:45pm, 2pm-3:45pm, 4pm-5:45pm, 6pm-7:45pm, 8pm-9:45pm. Close at 10pm for deep cleaning.Sat – Sun: 9am-10:45am, 11am-12:45pm, 1pm-2:45pm, 3pm-4:45pm, 5pm-6:45pm, 7pm-8:45pm. Close at 9pm for deep cleaning.
- Supplemental Participant Agreement – Please fill out the Supplemental Participant Agreement to agree to the updated terms for climbing at our facilities. A signed Supplemental Participant Agreement is required to climb along with our standard Participant Agreement.
- Physical Distancing in the Gym – Please make sure to maintain a 6ft distance from anyone who is not in your household/climbing group. At this time, you may only climb with one climbing partner per visit. Follow all signage and floor markings – we have implemented one-way areas to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Masks at Sportrock – Participants are required to wear masks at all times while in Sportrock.
- Increased Cleaning and Sanitation – We are dramatically increasing and updating our cleaning protocols to ensure that our gyms are kept clean and sanitized in accordance with CDC and industry best practices.
- No Group Classes – In accordance with physical distancing guidelines, we will be suspending or adjusting group classes during Phase 2 of Sportrock’s reopening plan. Private Instruction will be available, and smaller outdoor yoga classes may be offered. To book Private Instruction please contact [email protected]. Junior Team coaches will continue to communicate directly with parents and athletes and will continue to operate with a mix of highly modified in-gym and online elements.
- Online Classes/Live Streams – We will continue to offer various online programming. Check out the weekly calendar on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our email list.
- Outdoor Classes and Guiding – We are excited to offer outdoor programs at Great Falls and Carderock! For more information, or to book, please email [email protected]
- New Routes and Boulder Problems – During our closure, our routesetting team was hard at work putting new climbs at both locations!